Ever since Walt Disney World and Disneyland shut their doors as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the House of Mouse has been sharing a ton of fan-favorite recipes from the parks and their surrounding resorts on the Disney Parks Blog. From Dole Whip to the classic Monte Cristo sandwich, Disney fans have been able to recreate some of the parks' magic at home.
The latest recipe to hit the Disney Parks Blog is for the massive Kitchen Sink Sundae served at Beaches and Cream Soda Shop located at the Beach Club Resort. "If you’ve never tackled it before, be warned," Karen McClintock, Food & Beverage Content Relations Manager at Walt Disney World, prefaced the recipe. "This over-the-top indulgence includes everything and the kitchen sink – enough for your entire family to share!"
McClintock really means it, too— this recipe serves 4 to 6 people. Families visiting Beaches and Cream Soda Shop during their Disney vacations often order the Kitchen Sink to share and even then some families aren't able to finish this well-known menu item.
Not only did Disney share the original recipe for the popular Kitchen Sink sundae, they also released a video on how to make it with a patriotic spin! for upcoming July 4th holiday weekend.
Without further ado, here's how to make the Kitchen Sink from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort:
- 1/2 cup warm fudge topping
- 1/2 cup warm butterscotch topping
- 1/2 cup warm peanut butter topping
- 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 1/4-inch), quartered
- 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 1/2-inch), quartered
- 2 generous scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 generous scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 generous scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 generous scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 generous scoop coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry topping
- 1/4 cup pineapple topping
- 14-ounce can dairy whipped topping
- 1 large brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
- 1 regular-sized candy bar, quartered
- 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon crushed chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices, about 2 large slices
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries
- Pour hot fudge, butterscotch, and peanut butter toppings into bottom of large bowl.
- Layer banana slices and cupcake pieces over toppings. Top with all ice creams.
- As quickly as possible, spoon chocolate syrup, marshmallow cream, strawberry, and pineapple toppings over ice cream.
- Cover completely with dairy whipped topping. Tuck brownie pieces, candy bar pieces, and cookies in whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds, dark and white chocolate shavings, crushed cookies, jellied orange slices, milk chocolate chip morsels, peanut butter morsels, chocolate sprinkles, and rainbow sprinkles. Top with cherries.
Will you be giving this massive sundae recipe a try?